If applying for a vacancy PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT THE CONTACT FORM ON THIS WEBSITE.
Supported file formats are:- Microsoft Word format (.doc, .docx), rich text format (.rtf), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and plain text. (.txt)
Type of Job:
- Plans, develops and recommends sales, gross profit level, inventory control and merchandise turnover objectives for the assigned categories.
- Analyzes and evaluates internal and external market research information, sales and merchandise turnover to ensure the proper merchandise mix for the categories at both stores and warehouse.
- Work with vendors to reduce Lead Time, Fill Rate, Data Quality, Cost Accuracy etc.
- Develops and executes assigned high profile plans/programmes to enhance/maximize consumer awareness, market share and support specified initiatives.
- Develops analysis for interpretation of results and analyzing trends by providing reports on a monthly basis.
- Reviews alignment of functional area strategies with projected outcomes and monitors strategies of functional areas and recommends/implements adjustments.
- Contributes in planning and implementing a broad range of activities to meet business and category objectives.
- Prepares related programme budgets/promotions.
- Collaborates with Category Manager and vendors maintain the integrity of the database to determine competitive pricing, additions, revisions or deletion of items or lines.
- Collaborates with Category Manager to establish minimum stock order quantities for new and promotional merchandise and recommends minimum shelf stock quantities.
- Assists with planning, developing, recommending and co-ordinating the implementation of advertising and promotional programmes.
- Visits retail stores and competitor’s stores and analyzes market trends to keep abreast of current situations and opportunities; ensures correct pricing, introduction of new items and new categories of business.
- Performs business analyses of key performance measures including tracking division’s performance against business plan, evaluating promotional planning efforts, verifying the viability of vendor deals and assists in resolving accounting issues related to deal agreements. Evaluates viability of special promotions and measures forecast against results.
- Ensures that problematic issues for key initiatives are tracked, summarized and presented to management. Anticipates and prevents problems/issues before they occur.
- Collaborates and shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes and operational efficiencies. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share information related to categories.
- Communicates effectively and tailors communications appropriately to different audiences.
- Builds knowledge and understanding of the specified categories and works with internal/external resources to build confidence in partners and build own abilities within area of responsibility.
- Constructively challenges current methods to identify areas of improvement, support established standards and deliver improved results.
- Identifies opportunities and makes appropriate recommendations to improve processes and /or operating efficiencies.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to assist in meeting the Company’s objectives.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Management or a related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in retail, marketing, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft office products.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV (LS Retail) or any other retail software would be an asset.
Skills/Abilities considered as assets for the job:
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department/company goals within budget and established timelines.
- High degree of personal and professional ethics.